Thursday, August 19, 2010

Sat., August 14


We arrived on the salt in time to make the drivers’ meeting. Following all the intros and thank yous, we get to drive down the course to see first hand where the turn outs! What a blast. After passing inspection the only thing left was to get fuel ($10/gal) and head up to the line. We suited me up, strapped me in and I was OFF. A really nice race official met me at the end – a little past the 4 mile marker with a bottle of water & my time --- 168.703!!! I qualified to break the existing XO/GALT record. We were headed to impound.

When I called Dick & Charlotte Frink with the news, they decided to put the pedal to the medal too and arrived in Wendover Sat. night so they could join us for the back up run on Sunday morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home